In accordance with the Central Bank of Nigeria's (CBN) policies and regulations, all financial institutions must comply with KYC regulations and anti-money laundering regulations to limit fraud.
On the Vbank App, the KYC process includes face verification, ID card verification, document verification - such as utility bills as proof of address, and biometric verification.
Users with no verified facial image on the Vbank App or users who successfully created an account via Whatsapp banking sometimes might encounter challenges while trying to initiate transactions via the Vbank app.
However, this can be resolved immediately by uploading a live selfie image on the V bank App.
Below is the step-by-step process to validate your selfie image:
- Download the recent version of the V Bank app from the iOS or Android stores (version 3.0.12 for IOS and Version 3.0.10 for Android)
- Log in to the Vbank App using your registered email address and password
- Click on your profile picture (or circle) at the top left corner of the App
- Select “Update KYC Level”
- Scroll down to "BVN"
- Click on the BVN to take a live selfie (Snap a selfie preferably on a white/plain background in a well-lit environment).